Join us on Wednesday 3rd June, at 12pm EST (5pm BST) for Episode Three of Cruise Conversations, which will explore one of the most pressing issues in the cruise industry and worldwide – sustainability.
Sustainability is a buzzword at the moment – but Cruise Conversations aims to open up real discussion with major players in the industry, attempt to find some solutions to the sustainability issues the industry is facing, and consider how the industry can return to a ‘better normal’.
As such, we will hear from a key player from each pillar of the industry – designers, suppliers, outfitters, and the cruise lines themselves – across a two-part series.
Sustainability on the Seas – Part 1 will feature:
- Lone Ditmer, Marketing Manager & Sustainable Business Development, Dansk Wilton
- Per Eriksson, Business Director | Tillberg Design of Sweden
- My Nguyen, Director Interior Design & Operations | Seabourn
- Toby Walters (moderator) – CEO | Cruise Ship Interiors
- What can the cruise industry do to have a greater impact?
- How does this flow down to the supply chain?
Sustainability with an interior design focus
- How do designers ensure they are designing responsibly?
- How can interior design operate as a circular
economy with a cradle to cradle mindset?
- Per Ericksson’s Certifications that designers should look into
- How can we ensure the supply chain is as
sustainable as possible?
- Lone Ditmer’s Top 5 things a supplier can do to be more sustainable
Returning to a better status quo
- How can the cruise industry bounce back from the COVID-19 crisis with a more sustainable focus?
- How can the industry improve the lifecycle of the products it uses?
If you missed Ep.1 or Ep.2 of Cruise Conversations, you missed out! Catch up on the conversation here.